The Associate Product Manager’s position can be broken down into three verticals: e-commerce content manager, digital events coordinator, and developer support. The position is responsible for creating, managing, and executing strategies to uphold ARPU and retention forecasts and provide game-content context for sibling departments. They are the owners of the in-game retention funnel and conduct data analyses to ensure that customers are happy, remain in game, and support the company’s efforts by participating in micro-transactions. The candidate should be experienced in managing virtual worlds, game economies, and strategies associated in maintaining those worlds and economies. This position is a part of the Product Management group and reports to the Senior Product Manager.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Create and present annual, quarterly, and monthly financial and user forecasts.
- Create and manage user-retention and monetization strategies through planning, scheduling, and executing the game’s content roadmap and e-commerce schedule to ensure success.
- Work with external developers and Product Marketing to create content-launch roadmap and g2m plans.
- Work with Quality Assurance on creating content-launch milestone schedules.
- Work with Community and PR to help develop blogs and PR beats.
- Work with Customer Service and keep them abreast of events and content releases.
- Work with Engineering on ROI analysis and develop action plans based on data.
- Drive product and process evolution, increasing efficiency.
- Keep stakeholders on target and on task.
- Develop and deliver forecasts and game health reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure technical and product messaging accuracy when communicating with internal and external partners.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 1 year of experience in an associate product management role or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 1 year of experience in managing virtual words and virtual economies is strongly desired.
- BA or BS degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Game industry experience, especially within the Free-to-Play sector, is preferred and highly desired.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment to ensure all deliverables are on time.
- Ability to communicate ideas to the team and think about the customer/player point of view, becoming the evangelist for your game or project.
- General understanding of KPI’s related to product management, understand strategies on how to influence KPI’s, and the effects they have based on your actions.
- Being able to think critically, analyze problems, ask the right questions, define a clear, detailed, and logical game plan, execute solution, and analyze results.
- Comfortable with analyzing large data sets that lead to actionable items.
- Strong oral, written, organizational, and presentation skills.
- High level of professionalism, integrity, confidence, and commitment.
- Mandarin speaking a plus.