*San Francisco, CA*
We are searching for a Back-End Engineer to help build the infrastructure and game services for a small start-up game studio in San Francisco. You will help build the back end for a new massively multiplayer game currently in development.
We are searching for a Back End Engineer to help build game services for an upcoming global PC & console title. As a member of our Server Team, you'll be expected to understand the game design and implement back end services to make it a reality. You’ll decide what’s needed, and take point on building it. You'll work closely with the gameplay engineers, designers, and DevOps on a daily basis.
- You've built several back-end services / APIs before, and understand their design
- You understand scalability and performance, and related tradeoffs
- You're at home deploying your services to linux machines in the cloud
- Experience with Python
- Experience working on high-performance C++ TCP/UDP servers (not necessarily for games!)
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases and their strengths/weaknesses
- Experience designing software to run on a major cloud provider
- A love and passion for gaming!