The PQA Mobile Lead leads testing for development of a platform app. They will oversee outsourced testers, design and execute test plans, and leads on-site testing with non-mobile QA assistance. They are responsible for functional, compatibility, compliance, and localization testing.
The position, in conjunction with management, will act as primary QA stakeholders for mobile projects and will heavily interface with sibling departments.
The position directly supervises and mentors the Assistant Leads and teams of testers as part of their daily activities. Additionally, they are responsible for managing timelines, creating test plans and test cases, and executing upon these assignments.
The Lead has a good understanding of operating systems and hardware, and their relation to bugs.
The Lead will be responsible for both the Android and iOS testing of the application.
Other responsibilities include: leading the daily work of assigned game team, setting daily work assignments, serving as a content and procedures resource for work group / team members, and handling escalated issues. Often uses independent judgment within established procedures.
This person will also occasionally assist the other Platform QA Team members with non-mobile checks when extra manpower is needed.
Responsibilities and Job Duties
- Leads testing for Functionality, Compatibility and App Store certification.
- Leads testing for both iOS and Android app development.
- Oversees outsourced testers, designing test plans and giving out daily assignments.
- Performs testing independently when necessary in order to meet deadlines.
- Oversees bug database, approves and categorizes bugs, and follows up to insure completion.
- Leads regression, patch, blackbox, maintenance, and smoke testing.
- Creates and executes test plans on release candidates and pre-release builds.
- 2 or more years of QA Lead experience.
- 1 or more years of working with both iOS and Android app or game testing.
- Experienced PC and Mobile game player.
- Experience in creating and executing test plans on pre-release version of software to detect and record product defects.
- Good knowledge of mobile software and hardware for both Android and iOS devices.
- Knowledge of bug tracking and project management software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-Starter, motivated, and performance driven.