This is entertainment. This is fun. This is Perfect World. A company for gamers, by gamers.
By specialising in and constantly evolving online games for our players, Perfect World has become one of the leading publishers in the gaming world. We publish on PS4, on Xbox One, on PC and Steam. We would like you to develop your talent, here in Amsterdam, with us as…
Internship: Video Games PR & Marketing Assistant
What is it?
To gain practical experience you will support our Communications and Product Marketing efforts on our games like Neverwinter, Star Trek Online and our biggest ever game launch, Gigantic. We are looking for a Hogeschool Communications, Marketing or Media student or graduate to get their first taste in a professional environment. Ideally, you are looking for a 3-6 month placement as part of your studies or are ready to get a foot in the door of a proper company, like a games publisher, following your degree. Start date as of September 2017.
Some of the things you will be doing (and learning):
- You will assist the Public Relations and Product Marketing Managers with numerous activities around the games and be properly involved in the process of planning and executing a full-fledged AAA, top notch games launch
- Support PR efforts in Germany, France and other regions
- Provide coverage reports and competitor research
- Follow up with media, organize external events, playable tournaments and giveaways, as well as internal activities around our games’ main updates and launches
- Administer and share an up to date global calendar of our planned communications beats
- Monitor & follow-up on creative asset design and implementation
- Monitor & report on budget, costs & outcomes as well as extract learnings of executed campaigns
Your heroic skillset:
- You are passionate about games and are familiar with gamers’ language and sources of information, especially in the MMO and MOBA competitive games space
- You study Media/Communications/Marketing or related at bachelor level
- You are fluent in English both written and verbal, German language a plus
- Structured and organized with good project management skills
- Proficient in Excel & PowerPoint and other MS Office products
- Ability to juggle several tasks at the same time
- Social and outgoing
What we offer:
- Development opportunities within a young, vibrant and dynamic international company
- A working internship or work placement for at least 3 months
- A great office environment and you’re in Amsterdam
- Work hard and play hard in our dedicated gaming rooms
- Snacks, healthy goodies, games to play, monthly get-togethers and other fun team activities
- An allowance of € 250 gross per month
Are you passionate about gaming? Do you want to gain working experience and learn more about Marketing and PR in a gaming company? Send your CV and motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.