The Product Marketing Director owns the creation and execution of the go-to-market plan for our live and in-development games. They are responsible for all key marketing KPIs and will work closely across publishing and development stakeholders. This position will report to VP of Marketing.
Responsibilities & Job Duties:
- The Product Marketing Director will be responsible for building marketing plans, positioning, audience, and asset creation for PWE’s key game franchises.
- Develop clear consumer messaging for key product rollouts.
- Own audience and related marketing KPIs.
- Work with the user acquisition team to build and execute customer acquisition strategies for live and in-development games.
- Partner closely with other marketing departments (communications, creative, online), production, and development teams. Drive close collaboration with EU marketing team.
- Work with development and production to support game and features roadmap in order to achieve franchise vision and deliver against plan and targets.
- Develop asset kits with creative team, managing key stakeholder feedback and maintaining brand integrity.
- Continuously improve/promote multi-channel offerings, build creative and engaging marketing campaigns, and optimize ROI on marketing initiatives.
- Provide analysis and long-term strategic thinking to influence product roadmap.
- Gather insights to support product and marketing decisions.
- Manage a team of product marketers, providing strategic guidance and mentoring.
- Passionate about games.
- 5+ years of relevant marketing experience; product marketing experience in PC or console game publishing highly preferred.
- Must have product launch experience, and at least one completed AAA launch. Experience with MMOs or RPGs strongly desired.
- Understanding and experience with F2P business model and monetization.
- BA in Business/Marketing, Economics, or other related field.
- Demonstrable experience in building compelling product messaging, positioning, and marketing plans.
- Experience managing a significant brand or a portfolio of smaller brands.
- Online, D2C, and social marketing experience a plus.
- Experience managing and developing direct reports.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including cross-functional management experience.
- Very comfortable with both qualitative and quantitative analysis, and capable of using analytics to drive business cases and product development.