One of our partner gaming studios is searching for a User Experience Designer to directly support development of features, flows, and interfaces for our upcoming PC & console title. You will help the dev team be outcome-driven in their design thinking (Who is this for? What do they want?), and provide design support in wires, diagrams, and the almighty whiteboard form.
As a UX Designer, you’ll be working in a live service environment where listening to players, reacting to their feedback, and shipping quickly are the keys to success. You’ll support every part of the product, and every stage of the player journey - from acquisition to re-engagement, from new player to veteran. You’ll work with the Product Lead to measure and make decisions about how players experience the game. You’ll work with game leads to design and fine tune the UIs and flows for their features. Our 2D artists and engineers will depend on you to sweat the details of interface design, flow, consistency, and iterative improvement over the long term.
● You bring a proven user-centered design process, suitable to a “learn by shipping” environment.
● You can create design artifacts in multiple mediums, selecting the best communication tool for the context.
● You understand how to continuously feed analytics and player feedback into the development cycle; you know how to measure whether a feature is doing its job.
● Passion for gaming & bottomless desire to make players happy!
● You’ve designed flows and interfaces for shipped video game titles, especially in in core gaming space, on PC and console.
● Experience arranging and tweaking UI using game engine tools (we are on Unreal 4).
● Experience with web UX; able to give actionable feedback to web publishing team.