Want FREE ZEN?

Check out our offers and earn FREE ZEN today!

Continue

News

PWE Media Creation Guidelines

By dezstravus @ March 15, 2013 at 8:45am

15 Comments »

At Perfect World Entertainment, we are delighted by our community and fans’ desires to create video content based on our games and other intellectual property. In order to help determine what we believe to be acceptable use of our content (art, music, sound, video, et al) we have created this guide. Further, this should be the only reference you need if asked for permissions from YouTube or similar sites.

The First Thing

The main rule, except as specifically mentioned here, is that any use of our content is limited to non-commercial purposes.

How you can publish your content

All content that you create must be available without requiring payment by a viewer or visitor, or any other restrictions on their ability to view the content. This means for example, that you cannot put your video behind a pay wall, sign up for any good or service, or any other action in order to access a video or other content.

If you put your video on a site which has a paid “premium” option, the video must also be available to non-paying users.

Revenue you receive, or ads that you run, may not interfere with video access – subject to the rest of this document.

What does this mean?

This means that without our prior permission, you are not allowed to license your work based on our content to someone else for a fee, or any other form of compensation.

The only exceptions that do not require prior permission are:

-YouTube Partner Programs

-Own3D.tv, Ustream.tv, Justin.tv, and Blip.tv

Go Wild! (but not that wild)

Please keep your wits about you when making your work, and try to keep it game-specific. While we appreciate your creativity and expression, we absolutely require that you do not produce racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist, or other offensive content using our assets and materials.

Sponsorships

If someone wants to sponsor you to make content – that’s awesome, congrats! Just please make sure to clearly identify the relationship with you and the sponsor by including, “Sponsored by:” text whenever necessary, and try to keep sponsor messages to a reasonable length.

How can I reach out to Perfect World if I want to request support for promoting my content?

We receive a high volume of these requests, and would love to respond to them all, though unfortunately we are not always able to. If you have content that you'd like to tell us about, the best thing to do is to reach out to us via Twitter, and promote your content on the official game forums. Exceptional content that receives a high volume of positive player feedback is more likely to get noticed! The links for the official Twitter accounts and official game forums can be found on each of our individual game sites.

• raquel013 @ Apr 4th, 2014 11:06PM

Have a question...What if I had an idea for a ship that is in view with the game. for example a old lass with an upgrade of sorts.. Who would i be able to get a hold of to show the content and explain in full details. it is one sto has considered and being looked at!

• kjhoe @ Jan 29th, 2014 10:23PM

How can i add character in perfect world

• kjhoe @ Jan 29th, 2014 10:23PM

How h

• doctorvito @ Jan 27th, 2014 4:31PM

that patcher

• ladysky143 @ Oct 27th, 2013 7:58PM

I make new account but then I don't receive any email from PWI about redeeming a starter pack. What would I do.?

• moonpieeater

prayppp

• fuinvalid @ Sep 13th, 2013 2:59PM

i miss the good old days when we fight to get money and everyone had different gear buyt sorta the same attributes QQ pwi please chance

• wesorth @ Sep 8th, 2013 10:09PM

Any chance you guys put a "Suggestion Box" on the game site's official page? Might be better than having to go through something you don't have. (I.E. Twitter.) I think a civilian pack for STO would be a good idea. At least that's what I think.

• lycanboi22 @ Aug 26th, 2013 3:49PM

is there a way i can take screenshots and use them as a background for my computer or maybe even share them with my friends on facebook

• lightlance

i dont know if anyone ever responded yet but press F9 wile in game

• racoooon @ Jul 8th, 2013 3:47PM

^(' 3') i would like to say this is a media section i tried finding something to help me out with media and couldn't with every one asking about character creation and patching

• mrjunjun @ Jun 26th, 2013 6:27AM

how can i play game? my patcher still not worked

• krizuna @ Jun 15th, 2013 6:02PM

how can I create my game character ?

• mmufidn @ Jun 13th, 2013 10:44AM

Korek Api Gas Fighter Indonesia | mMn http://mufidmmn.blogspot.com/2013/05/korek-api-gas-fighter-indonesia.html

• acostal @ Jun 9th, 2013 7:10AM

how can i create my game character

of1