Perfect World is one of the leading publishers or online free-to-play multiplayer games for PC & Console. With a broad and growing portfolio like Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, Forsaken World and PWI and several exciting upcoming titles, including Torchlight Frontiers and Remnant: From the Ashes, Perfect World Europe is positioned for steady growth and expansion of its active community of players
We are currently looking for a part time (24 hours per week) Freelancer to support our EU Community management with PWI and Forsaken World communities.This is a freelance position where you work from home, relocation to Amsterdam is not required.
Freelance Community Specialist (FR)
What will you do?
As Community Specialist you bring gamers together, creating trust and deep engagement with fellow players. You utilize detailed game knowledge to acquire and retain players, promote the game both online and offline via social networks, forums, conferences and interviews, and enable two-way feedback between business and players. The role of the Community Specialist is key within the business and provides the public face for each game. As Community specialist you are a team player with excellent communication skills. You report to the community management lead.
- Keep our various communities updated, by regularly posting PWI and Forsaken World news on our channels
- Provide detailed, specific information back into marketing and the business on community trends, reactions and expectations
- Promote the game and the business across social networks and online/offline media e.g. actively engage users through Q&A forums
- Visit and partake in social media/forum discussions, both on our own as well as others.
- Maintain a close working relationship with our EU community team and Product Marketing in the US to coordinate community postings as appropriate across the organization’s digital channels.
- Communicate and promote new community features or procedures to members and PWE staff
You are a Community professional with:
- a professional background in community management
- a track record of engaging users and growing online communities
- previous experience in a computer gaming environment and in-depth past and present game knowledge
- experience in working with Jira and Confluence is considered a plus
- excellent language skills; native French and fluent in English
- a friendly, outgoing and open-minded personality :)
- the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- an entrepreneurial spirit and market awareness
Who are we?
At our core, we provide games as a service. We specialize in constantly evolving our games, providing high quality and developing storylines to a strong community of gamers, who are our greatest assets. Our European HQ is located in Amsterdam,The Netherlands; the most vibrant, internationally diverse, culturally packed, open-minded and commuter-friendly capital city in Europe, here our international team works hard to make sure that our games are available to a wide audience of gamers throughout Europe. Within our office we emphasize fun, trust and challenge. A love for games is what unites us. Yet there is a constant strive to be better at what we do and how we do it. Our core values include our commitment to provide our employees with a fun and positive work environment that fosters a "work hard, play hard" mentality. We encourage our people to make a difference and to grow as a team. Of course, playing games and knowing what works and what does not (aka "product research") is part of the job.
Up for the job?
This is a freelance position where you work from home, relocation to Amsterdam is therefore not required. This temporary role is for 24 hours per week projected till year end 2018. Your Freelance fee is €12,50 an hour. Please send your CV plus motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org