This position will report to the VP of Finance and HR and requires understanding of the big picture, strong business acumen, solid operational background and superb modeling skills.
Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. It’s critical to have a roll-up-the-sleeves, action-oriented mindset in order to have impact in our fast-paced environment.
In this role, the Director of FP&A will work closely with business units to identify needs and opportunities, assess data availability and structure, streamline processes, implement reporting tools and identify ways to consolidate reports. The Director of FP&A will develop, update, analyze, automate and distribute consistent and useful reports to management personnel and business unit operators.
This leader will partner with CEO, SVP of publishing, Head of Accounting, HR and other business departments to support financial process improvements, advise operational leaders regarding the impact of any decisions on overall financial performance and P&L, and conduct internal and external benchmarking to support metrics-based decisions.
This role is responsible for managing a Finance Manager, with the possibility of managing additional direct reports in future. Role must collaborate, guide and lead work done by analysts in other functional areas including Marketing, Strategy and HR.
- Business partner to VP of Finance & HR. Drive monthly forecasting, budgeting and long-range business modeling for them.
- Prepare the P&L forecast for the business, analyzing trends, and challenging assumptions. Present the P&L monthly to leadership highlighting financial performance and risk/opportunity.
- Creating financial models and analyses of key performance indicators - financial and operational to evaluate and direct business performance. Using systematic reporting and information to prepare detailed, objective scenario analyses.
- Collaborate with Function Heads in forecasting and analyzing financial and operational results, as well as conducting analyses to support better business decisions.
- Collaborate with the other teams from FP&A and other functions to analyze financial results, distill and synthesize issues, communicate key messages to senior management.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in FP&A/Corporate Finance function including 5+ years of experience working in IT services company.
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance, mathematics or related field. Advanced degree in business and finance from a top tier business school is strongly preferred.
- Intellectual curiosity and deep business acumen, Ability to keep internal and external senior leaders engaged through collaborative discussions and ideation sessions.
- Superb business modeling skills, capable of translating business logic to modeling logic to bring insights to the senior management team and support the business teams.
- Ability to lead cross functional projects, motivate and direct a workgroup (local and remote), form hypotheses, problem definition, conduct interviews and complete strategic projects with minimal guidance.
- Big Data Analytics, Oracle, Hyperion, SQL, MS Access knowledge is a strong advantage