Perfect World is one of the leading publishers for PC & Console games. Our games portfolio includes Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, PWI, Forsaken World, Hob and several exciting upcoming titles, including Torchlight Frontiers and Remnant: From the Ashes, just to name a few.
For our European HQ in Amsterdam we are currently looking for:
Senior Communications / PR Manager
As the Senior Communications/PR Manager, you are an integral part of Perfect World Europe’s marketing team and will lead all public relations and communications efforts for our games in Europe.
The ideal candidate will have a background in consumer product PR and strong relationships with top media and influencers throughout Europe. Strong interpersonal skills are required as this role will closely work with stakeholders across community, brand marketing, user acquisition, and the game development teams. Experience managing local PR agencies in European territories such as France, UK, Germany and Russia is a plus.
What will you do:
- Strategize and develop effective communication and PR programs and tailor tactics for specific European territories.
- Work closely with the North America PR teams to ensure that global PR efforts are coordinated, integrated and aligned.
- Manage multiple game titles with the support of PR agencies in specific territories.
- Maintain and expand relationships with key media outlets, agencies and influencers.
- Draft communication and PR materials, including press releases, media alerts and feature pitches.
- Develop the PR rollout schedules and content calendars per specific territories.
- Manage and drive results with regional PR agencies by giving direction and overseeing work.
- Event planning, from smaller media events to larger consumer shows such as Gamescom.
- Develop metrics to measure ROI and provide regular updates to senior leadership.
- Manage European coverage tracking grid and weekly coverage report.
- Acts as a spokesperson in live or recorded interviews with media, or in company marketing materials.
- Stay on top of the latest gaming news and trends in Europe and leverage that knowledge to enhance PR programs.
You are Communications/PR Professional with:
- Minimum of 5+ years PR experience.
- Previous experience at a PR agency is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English, additional European languages such as German and/or French is preferred.
- Detailed project management skills to set schedules and manage multiple deadlines at any time.
- Prior experience coordinating with international counterparts on global programs.
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple projects with desired results.
- Event management experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Cooperative, collaborative work style – teamwork approach.
- Ability to work independently in a high-pressure environment and excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Affinity to games and/or online games is a strong plus.
- An open work environment that values creativity and initiative on all levels.
- An exciting job in a rapidly expanding company that provides the opportunity to grow and build a career
- Competitive compensation, based on relevant experience and knowledge level
- Competitive Benefits such as; Our pension scheme, you pay 3% of the pension contribution we pay the rest. Annually 8% Holiday allowance, Monthly Health Insurance allowance € 85,- gross and participation in the discretionary company bonus scheme.
- 24 paid vacation days and the option to buy more if you promise to come back ;) .
- We play hard. We work hard. Team up with your colleagues and 1,000,000s of players around the world and let off steam in our Game room.
Who are we:
At our core are Games as a Service and we specialize in constantly evolving our games. Providing high quality and developing storylines to a strong community of gamers, which are our greatest assets.
Our European HQ is located in Amsterdam – The Netherlands; the most vibrant, internationally diverse, culturally packed, open minded and commuter friendly capital city in Europe. Here our international team works hard to make sure that our games are available to a wide audience of gamers throughout Europe.
Within our office we emphasize fun, trust and challenge. A love for games is what unites us. Yet there is a constant strive to be better at what we do and how we do it.
Our core values include our commitment to provide our employees with a fun and positive work environment that fosters a "work hard, play hard" mentality. We encourage our people to make a difference and to grow as a team. Of course playing games and knowing what works and what doesn't work (aka "product research") is part of the job.
Join our awesome team and apply now! Please send your English cv + motivation in one document.
For more information contact Marina Witteveen, HR generalist at +31 202201000