We are seeking a Senior Technical Artist to join our internal Technical Art team. The successful candidate will work at our San Francisco based studio and help to maintain and expand upon the existing pipeline and tools, with a focus on providing support and solutions for rigged and animated assets.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate experience developing tools and workflow solutions for character assets, including solutions for rigging, skinning, animation and asset processing.
- Proven experience rigging and skinning game assets in Autodesk Maya.
- A solid understanding of the Python programming language.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- A solid understanding of stylized and realistic human anatomy.
- Experience with the Unreal Engine.
- 6+ years creating creatures and characters for use in a game engine.
- Passion for the art of making video games and making them FUN!
- Personable, able to listen to problems and translate them into technical solutions.
- Experience building and maintaining asset pipelines for Autodesk Maya.
- Experience using C++ is a big plus.
- An understanding of ZBrush.
- An understanding of the Substance Suite of tools.