As a Game Designer, you will create and tune various game content including player skills, items, monster behavior, quests and scripted encounters. Your ideas about what kind of content is flavorful and fun will help create an experience that is memorable and replayable.
As a game designer at Echtra you’ll be expected to work directly in the engine tools (Unreal 4) to create and maintain gameplay. You will generate compelling and rewarding content and mechanics. You will collaborate with artists, designers and engineers as those ideas turn into game content. You will both play the game regularly and listen to feedback in order to improve the content and elevate the quality of the game.
- Shipped titles in a game design role, directly working in the game content
- You are great at coming up with flavorful, fun ideas for games - especially things that are easy to do and make a big impact
- You have designed, pitched, implemented, debugged and shipped some really fun content.
- Passion for and experience building action games with a focus on combat mechanics
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4
- Experience using existing assets and functional components to create new gameplay
- Passion for creative writing and genre fiction to help create a compelling world and goals.