Perfect World is currently experiencing rapid growth and we are seeking an experienced Tax and GL Accountant. The Tax and GL Accountant is responsible for assisting the VP of Tax and Technical Accounting with PWE’s financial and income tax statements. Their work includes preparing payments, identifying tax savings, and analyzing tax issues.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Work closely with company tax advisor on completing annual tax returns and tax provision for the group.
- Calculate quarterly tax estimates for federal and various states based on financial forecast.
- Calculate and file various business activity related taxes including but not limited to franchise taxes,B&O tax, and gross receipts tax.
- Conduct nexus study to identify tax filing requirement in different tax jurisdictions.
- Conduct tax research and tax planning as needed for the group.
- File annual personal property tax statements.
- Reconcile and approve sales tax filing on Avalara.
- Handle notices from the IRS and state taxing authorities.
- Assist accounting team with month end closing. Specific assignment to be determined.
- Ad Hoc project as assigned.
- BS or MS in accounting/tax/business related majors.
- CPA preferred but not required.
- 2-3 years of corporate income tax experience required.
- Familiar with tax provision calculation.
- Possess strong analytical skills.
- Oracle experience preferred, but not required.
- Keep up with changes of tax law and regulations.
- Familiar with tax attributes such as NOL and R&D tax credits.