Perfect World Entertainment is seeking a Sr. Community Manager who is enthusiastic about the gaming industry and self-motivated to connect with our fans. The role is responsible for building, maintaining and growing the player community for Perfect World Entertainment’s recent hit game, Remnant: From the Ashes, and other select games in its portfolio. The Sr. Community Manager will be deeply embedded with the development teams, including Gunfire Games, to ensure the latest and greatest game information is communicated to players, as well as reporting community feedback and sentiment to the developers. In addition, the position will work cross-functionally with various stakeholders across the marketing and internal production teams.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Define and maintain the community strategy, including methods for acquisition, engagement, moderation policies, and content building.
- Develop innovative plans, community programs, and strategies to maximize community engagement, and facilitate community activities.
- Act as the first line of communication and the “face of the game” for our players.
- Communicate directly with fans, building strong relationships and maintaining a visible external presence on social media sites and forums.
- Responsible for establishing and fostering an effective feedback loop that combines quantitative and qualitative reports.
- Work in tight coordination with the game development team to stay current on the latest game developments.
- Monitor and assess community sentiment for PWE games, pulling from various community channels.
- Coordinate with product marketing, social media, PR, UA, and other internal departments to ensure that the community team and players stay informed on product activities.
- Create a positive community experience for players.
- Participate in official game streams including producing show content.
- Develop and execute on community-facing initiatives such as contests, promotional opportunities, event presence, ambassador programs, etc.
- Demo games as needed for meetings and live events.
- Play game builds and provide feedback in relation to anticipated community reactions.
- An understanding of effective methods for communicating with our players through a variety of channels.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude.
- Good understanding of online communities and online forum etiquette.
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong interest in the gaming and entertainment industry; ARPG & MMORPG experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of prior similar experience.
- Prior management experience is a plus.