Perfect World Entertainment is seeking a stellar Associate Public Relations Manager to join its Communications team, to help promote the company and its portfolio of video games. The ideal candidate is a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the flexibility to change course as needed. A passion for video games is a plus!
The Associate Public Relations Manager will have experience building product PR campaigns, drafting news releases, crafting pitches, and managing interviews with company spokespeople. We’re looking for someone who loves to tell stories in innovative ways to capture media attention and can provide a strong point of view on how best to nurture and expand our media relations program.
Public Relations is an important part of Perfect World Entertainment’s integrated marketing programs. Strong interpersonal skills are required, as the role will closely work with stakeholders across the social media, community, product marketing, and game development teams.
- Draft comprehensive PR plans and Newsbeat calendars, from announcement through post-launch, to support Perfect World Entertainment’s games.
- Produce materials tailored for media consumption such as press releases, media alerts, talking points and reactive messaging.
- Develop targeted media lists that hit the right audiences for each product.
- Develop and manage press tours.
- Support tradeshow and event planning and execution.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal teams and outside development and licensor teams.
- Play the company’s games and provide feedback in relation to anticipated media reactions.
- Demo games as needed for events.
- Determine campaign KPIs. Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of PR activities, and merchandise metrics and insights through coverage reports and monthly recaps.
- Produce internal newsletters and communications.
- Monitor key trends in the industry space and provide analysis as needed.
- Coordinate with Perfect World’s European PR team on global campaign execution.
- Maintain working relationships with the press and respond to media inquiries in a timely manner.
- Assist with special assignments as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3-4 years of professional experience in a Public Relations role for gaming, tech or entertainment companies.
- PR agency experience is preferred.
- A proven track record of developing and/or supporting successful PR programs in the gaming, tech and/or entertainment industry.
- Established media relationships, with experience leveraging those relationships to build and sustain media coverage.
- Must possess strong writing and communication skills.