The Payroll Accountant is responsible for preparing and executing payroll. We are looking for a Payroll Accountant who will oversee our bi-weekly payroll. This role will be responsible for the payroll journal entries, reconciliation, analysis and compliance associated with US Payroll. The individual must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and strict deadlines. This position will be critical in ensuring our financial statements are accurate for all US payroll accounts. Some of the key highlights are:
- Full cycle payroll operations that cross path with HR and Accounting using ADP WFN
- General Ledger mapping set up and accounts reconciliations
- Support compliance related projects and 401K audit
- Generate ad hoc reporting using WFN reporting tool
- External and compliance/year end reporting (quarterly tax / W-2C)
Responsibilities & Job Duties
- Processing payroll bi-weekly and out of cycle for both Perfect World Entertainment and its subsidiaries (total ~300 employees), including but not limited to: maintaining related records, voluntary deduction reports, processing involuntary deductions such as garnishments, 401(k) uploads and basic administration, etc.
- Documenting and updating payroll and 401(k) basic administration procedures, processes, including but not limited to preparing special reports for management, as needed.
- Review quarterly and annual returns, including W-2s, W-2Cs.
- Responsible for leave of absence payroll processing, including generation of W-2s, as applicable for disability payments via the disability insurance vendor.
- Addresses all EDD correspondence and audits, as necessary.
- Address and track all garnishment related issues.
- Prepare account reconciliations for payroll related accounts and activity.
- Participate actively in the monthly close process, including preparing information for journal entries such as PTO, Payroll expense, etc.
- Assist in developing reporting, processes, procedures and internal controls within payroll
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Must have experience using ADP WFN (Time and Attendance system).
- Concur experience preferred
- Must have General Ledger experience (Oracle experience preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Proven ability to work with minimal direction, as well as be resourceful and independent in solving problems.
- High level of dedication to adhere to deadlines and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- High regard for confidentiality and 100% data integrity