Perfect World Entertainment is seeking a stellar Senior Manager of User Acquisition to join its team, to drive UA efforts for the company’s portfolio of video games. The ideal candidate has a passion for problem-solving, experience analyzing data to identify actionable insights, and a strong background in building strategic omni-channel digital marketing programs.
This role will lead the development, planning, and execution of user acquisition strategies for game franchises such as Star Trek Online, Neverwinter and the company’s upcoming video game based on the Magic: The Gathering franchise. He/She can provide a strong point of view on how best to scale our ad campaigns, to bring in gamers and grow our business. He/She also understands the importance of analytics, and how to use metrics to optimize programs and demonstrate ROI.
Key qualifications for the role include building a strategic roadmap to success via relentless data analysis and campaign optimization, developing a deep understanding of our products and core customers, and focusing acquisition of targeted, qualified customers at scale by leveraging both technical know-how and relationships to drive optimal performance of user acquisition spend.
User Acquisition is an important part of Perfect World Entertainment’s integrated marketing programs. Strong interpersonal skills are required as the role will closely work with stakeholders across product marketing, PR, social media, data, platform engineering, and the game studios.
- Lead the User Acquisition team in the management and optimization of multi-million dollar performance marketing campaigns across multiple digital channels and console storefronts (e.g. Facebook, Google, PlayStation Store, Xbox, etc.), optimized for return on ad spend
- Create a culture of relentless optimization across all existing UA channels while also leading in the experimentation and creation of new channels
- Lead and execute on various growth initiatives in the areas of user acquisition, SEO, re-engagement, re-activation, etc
- Own all reporting and analytics related to user acquisition and marketing, bringing leading analysis and insight to aggressively improve acquisition funnel and customer quality
- Lead the team in designing and developing internal performance marketing platform tools and processes
- Stay current on the user acquisition landscape, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to develop new ideas and initiatives for growth
- Lead the development of ad creative and ensure production schedules remain on track.
- Lead the research and evaluation of new user acquisition/growth channels
- Own cross-functional and executive communication and strategy setting for all acquisition efforts
- Manage a team that includes the Associate User Acquisition Manager and Online Marketing Specialist.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study
- 4+ years of performance marketing/user acquisition experience, preferably in the PC desktop and console gaming space
- Proven success managing and optimizing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital channels
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations
- Expert-level understanding and integration into the current user acquisition and marketing, analytics, and attribution ecosystem
- A desire to innovate on UA methods and improve strategy
- The ability to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell one’s ideas and negotiate
- Passion for PC and console games a plus.