The Data Scientist provides data-driven publishing and product-focused insights related to several areas of Perfect World, including games we make or publish and the global game publishing platform. He/she identifies the opportunities that would help improve the user acquisition, retention, monetization, and overall experience of our games. He/She will have a deep understanding of statistics and machine learning algorithms, experience working with large datasets, and an ability to communicate actionable insights directly to non-technical audiences.
- At least 2 years of industry experience in a Data Science or Analytics role.
- Experience with building reports and/or dashboards with visualization software, such as Tableau or Looker.
- Working knowledge of SQL and Python/R.
- Working experience of Machine Learning and predictive analytics.
- Familiarity with the Hadoop framework, including the ability to interact with data through Hive, Pig, or MapReduce preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to convey complex results in a clear manner.
- Experience with marketing or product data strongly preferred.
- Bachelor Degree with a major in a quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Statistics, or equivalent professional experience.