We are seeking a Tax Accountant to assist with Perfect World's compliance activities. He/she is responsible for reporting, tax planning, audit, and compliance.
- Work closely with the company's tax advisor on completing annual tax returns and tax provision for the group
- Calculate quarterly tax estimates for federal and various states based on financial forecast
- Calculate and file various business activity related taxes including but not limited to franchise tax, B&O tax, and Gross receipts tax
- Conduct nexus study to identify tax filing requirement in different tax jurisdictions
- Conduct tax research and tax planning as needed for the group
- File annual personal property tax statements
- Reconcile and approve sales tax filing on Avalara
- Handle notices from the IRS and state taxing authorities
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed.
- BS or MS in accounting/tax/business-related majors
- 2-3 years of corporate income tax experience required
- Familiarity with tax provision calculations
- Possesses strong analytical skills
- Oracle experience preferred, but not required
- Keeps up with changes in tax law and regulations
- Familiar with tax attributes such as NOL and R&D tax credits
- CPA preferred but not required.