We are one of the leading publishers of online free-to-play multiplayer games for PC & Console. Our games portfolio includes player favorites such as Neverwinter, Star Trek Online, Forsaken World, the recent addition Gigantic and more.
At our core are Games as a Service and we specialize in constantly evolving our games, providing high quality and developing storylines to a strong community of gamers. They are our greatest assets.
Our European HQ is located in Amsterdam – The Netherlands; the most vibrant, internationally diverse, culturally packed, open minded, commuter friendly capital city in Europe. Here in Amsterdam our international team works hard to make sure our games are available to our wide audience of gamers throughout Europe.
Within our office we emphasize fun, trust and challenge. A love for games is what unites us, yet there is a constant strive to be better at what we do and how we do it.
Our core values include our commitment to providing people with a fun and positive work environment that fosters a "work hard, play hard" mentality. We encourage our people to make a difference and to grow as a team. And of course playing games and knowing what works and what doesn't (aka "product research") is part of the job.
Our business is expanding and we are looking for enthusiastic new colleagues to join our team.
The role of the Social Media Specialist is key within the business and provides the public face for each game. The specialist utilizes detailed game knowledge to acquire and retain players as well as promote the game both online and offline via social networks, forums, conferences and interviews plus enables two-way feedback between business and players. The social media specialist brings gamers together creating trust and deep engagement with fellow players.
- Be the ‘go to’ person for all game and game social media and community information within the business
- Provide detailed, specific information back into marketing and the business on community trends, reactions and expectations
- Build up a network and gain the trust of key, influential clans and players, drive players to become evangelists of the game
- Establish and moderate online communities in social media and forums according to company policy. Coordinate & manage community social media and forum moderators
- Promote the game and the business across social networks and online/offline media e.g. actively engage users through Q&A forums
- Visit, manage and partake in social media/forum discussions, both on our own as well as others.
- Suggest further areas where the game can be promoted and brand awareness increased
- Provide periodical reports on community reach, reaction and needs
- Work on special projects as assigned
Skills & Experience:
- Currently be in a similar role and/or have a background in social media or community management for eSports/MOBA titles
- Engage with Fans and Followers to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement.
- Connect needs of different platforms into a streamlined form of community activities.
- Uses in-depth knowledge in eSports/MOBA games to provide feedback to the global product strategy.
- Have a strong affinity with social media channels like Facebook and Twitter as well as solid knowledge on industry’s best practices in engaging with our target audiences
- Be able to create their own social media strategy based on the goals set for the game by the Product Marketing team in order to grow the games’ community
- Be able to seek out game evangelists / influencers and engage them to further promote the game
- Work with Product Marketing, and other teams to coordinate community postings as appropriate across the organization’s digital channels.
- Communicate and promote new community features or procedures to members and staff
- Write engaging copy for use on relevant social media platforms
- Fluent in English written and spoken
- French or German as a second language is a plus
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Have a minimum of 2 years work experience in the gaming industry
- Having knowledge and experience with multiplatform gaming is considered a plus
Excited about this opportunity? Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are a unique fit for this position.
Agency calls will not be accepted.