Social Media Specialist - Paid Advertising and Content Marketing
We are one of the leading publishers of online free-to-play multiplayer games for PC & Console. Our games portfolio includes Neverwinter, Star Trek Online just to name a few and more titles coming up in 2018 and 2019.
At our core are Games as a Service and we specialize in constantly evolving our games, providing high quality and developing storylines to a strong community of gamers. They are our greatest assets.
Our European HQ is located in Amsterdam. The Netherlands is the most vibrant, internationally diverse, culturally packed, open minded and commuter friendly capital city in Europe. Here in Amsterdam our international team works hard to make sure our games are available to our wide audience of gamers throughout Europe.
Within our office we emphasize fun, trust and challenge. A love for games is what unites us, yet there is a constant strive to be better at what we do and how we do it.
Our core values include our commitment to providing people with a fun and positive work environment that fosters a "work hard, play hard" mentality. We encourage our people to make a difference and to grow as a team. And of course, playing games and knowing what works and what doesn't (aka "product research") is part of the job.
Our business is expanding and we are looking for enthusiastic new colleagues to join our team.
The role of the Social Media Specialist is key within the business and provides the public face for each game. The specialist utilizes detailed game knowledge to drive customer acquisition, conversion efforts and customer retention through social channels.
- Increase new player acquisition and in-game purchase; turn the paid social media channel into a profitable channel;
- Manage performance-based advertising campaign on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and Snapchat and more;
- Achieve customer acquisition goals while managing against aggressive CPL, CPA, and revenue goals;
- Identify, develop and implement paid social media and content marketing strategy in coordination with the external strategic partners including but not limited to Console Platform owners, retailers, hardware manufacturers, TV stations, payment providers, media agencies and gaming networks as well as internal PR, marketing communication and product marketing around release calendar;
- Educate new players, support brand loyalty, and encourage engagement in social media efforts through innovative, exciting, and updated ads;
- A/B testing on creative, landing page, messaging, targeting, CTAs;
- Close monitor the trends in social media, including new channels, techs and advertising formats to improve campaign performance;
- Analysis and optimize campaign performance, develop user segmentation strategy and convert players to payers through retargeting;
- Be the ‘go to’ person for all game and game social media and community information within the business;
- Compile data across several console and social media platforms and create weekly/monthly reports;
- Provide detailed, specific information back into marketing and the business on community trends, reactions and expectations;
- Build up a network and gain the trust of key, influential clans and players, drive players to become evangelists of the game;
- Promote the game and the business across social networks and online/offline media e.g. actively engage users through Q&A forums;
- Visit, manage and partake in social media, both on our own as well as partners;
- Suggest further areas where the game can be promoted;
- Work on special projects as assigned;
Skills & Experience:
- Currently be in a similar role and/or have a background in paid social media and content marketing for end-consumer products/services;
- Extensive experience in managing performance-based Facebook ad campaigns, as well as other paid social platforms such as YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Snapchat;
- Experience across mobile and web-based marketing and acquisition tactics;
- Creative thinking and able to transform ideas into SMART action plans;
- Engage with Fans and Followers to build relationships with the community and encourage engagement;
- Strong quantitative, ROI-focused and analytical skills and experience determining strategies and test plans based on different metrics;
- Be able to create their own social media strategy based on the goals set for the game;
- Be able to seek out game evangelists / influencers and engage them to further promote the game;
- Be able to work with Product Marketing and Comms, and other teams to coordinate community postings as appropriate across the organization’s digital channels;
- Communicate and promote new community features or procedures to members and staff;
- Write engaging, copy for use, on relevant social media platforms;
- Fluent in English, written and spoken;
- French or German as a second language is a plus;
- Have completed a bachelor’s degree in a related field;
- Have a minimum of 2 years work experience in the gaming industry;
- Having knowledge and experience with multiplatform gaming is considered a plus;