Perfect World Entertainment Inc., a Delaware corporation with a principal place of business in Redwood City, California, seeks an experienced Paralegal to assist in the management of the company's contracts, corporate records, and legal efforts.
This position requires a thoughtful and confident generalist with a willingness to learn new areas of the law. The successful candidate will also have substantial experience in corporate, commercial, contract, and/or intellectual property law.
- Work with internal and external lawyers on business agreements.
- Partner with marketing, business development, administration and operations teams to understand the legal needs.
- Own the contract management process from end to end.
- Review all incoming contracts, and provide/communicate summaries and calendar important dates. Modify standard contract templates and assist with drafting and review of vendor contracts.
- Work with various members of the team to create a fluid system for contract management. Support contract workflows and process in accordance with the company policies and systems.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, and maintain/store all legal files.
- Organize legal binders for multiple entities and keep up to date, including capital structure, ownership, M&A, officer/board of director information, etc.
- Assist with annual various state filings for all related entities.
- Research new legal developments and other current events and apply it to business.
- Assist in a variety of transactional legal issues and projects.
- 2 to 4 years of experience as a paralegal (or other comparable position in a corporate setting) within an in-house department and/or large law firm.
- California Certified Paralegal and a college degree.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Focused, bright, hardworking, with a strong sense of integrity and responsibility.
- Ability to organize and stay organized in a fast-paced and often demanding work environment.
- Experience with gaming industry preferred.
- Willingness to learn the unfamiliar.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and to be flexible with changing situations.
- Ability to operate in an international setting and environment.
- Fluency/proficiency in Mandarin-Chinese preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat and MS Office Applications (esp. Word & PowerPoint).