The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for supporting all production and development environments, including our public facing web platform and games. The role will be responsible for the automation, maintenance, design, and implementation of both customer facing and internal services. You will provide technical insight to the team in exploring new technologies to support current and future deployments, coordinating with other departments to optimize workflows and visibility into system operations.
Responsibilities & Job Duties
As an Infrastructure Engineer you will join a team of other infrastructure and network engineers to support the live operations of our “always-on” web and platform services. This position requires a medium level of technical knowledge and experience in the area of system administration, system virtualization, hardware and software configuration, automation, scripting and some networking and web security.
- Deploy, configure, and maintain servers and other critical infrastructure to support web and game services.
- Proactively work to improve supportability and stability of hardware and software services.
- Implement minimal to zero-downtime production code pushes.
- Perform server performance tuning and capacity planning.
- Work with security engineer on everything from host hardening to web application vulnerabilities.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and basic network issues.
- Collaborate with project managers and 3rd party/in-house developers for implementation services.
- Create and update documentation (design specs, project plans, proposals, wiki entries).
- Be available as part of a scheduled weekly on-call rotation.
- Travel to datacenters to rack and cable servers and other hardware, provide hardware maintenance (replace failed components, etc.), and troubleshoot problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline
- 2 years working in server administration or datacenter support role
- 2 years System Engineering experience primarily with Linux (CentOS, RHEL or Ubuntu)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to solve complex problems
- Self-motivated, flexible, and eager to constantly improve and expand skill set
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop/modify scripts
- Experience with Virtualization technologies (VMware/vCenter, KVM, etc)
- Experience with open source monitoring and methodologies (Zabbix)
- Experience with open source configuration management tool (Puppet is preferred)