The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter with strong revenue recognition, GL review, consolidation and supervisory experience. The primary duties for this position involve the daily oversight of accounting and month-end closing. The incumbent will also be heavily involved in quarterly reviews and the annual audit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and coordinate all activities of the accounting function to ensure accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial results.
- Review overall GL account activity, account reconciliations, audit requests and analytics pertinent to the functional areas.
- Direct the coordination of annual audits and quarterly reviews with external auditors.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a strong internal operational controls environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service within the Finance department and to non-finance business partners.
- Communicate effectively and build strong relationships throughout the organization.
- Communicate job expectations and provide guidance and evaluation of individual performance.
- Act as the catalyst for process improvements in the Finance and Accounting organization.
- Provide leadership, direction coaching and mentoring to staff members.
- Assist management with special projects and ad-hoc requests
Desired Skills and Experience
- Self-starter with ability to function independently
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills
- Possess problem solving and analytical skills
- Must be a team player with ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Excel.
- Ability to work in a flexible and fast paced environment
- Oracle 11i/R12 and Hyperion reporting experience preferred; recent ERP implementation or upgrade experience desired.
- CPA license preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in public/private accounting
- Big 4 or regional firm experience preferred
- 3+ years of managing people