You love problem solving, analyzing data to create action-setting insights, and leading your team to excel in performance marketing. We want someone to drive our UA and Partnerships efforts and take them to the next level.
As Director of User Acquisition and Partnerships, you will lead the development, planning, and execution of user acquisition strategies for multiple Perfect World Entertainment game franchises. This is a senior marketing leadership role reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing.
In addition to leading day-to-day user acquisition and partnerships efforts, you will spearhead a wide range of projects and initiatives, including direction-setting and strategic decision-making, the development of new tools and processes, and testing/iterative learning across all growth channels.
Key qualifications for the role include relentless data analysis and campaign optimization, developing a deep understanding of our products and core customers, focused acquisition of high quality customers at scale, cultivating relationships within the performance marketing ecosystem on behalf of Perfect World, and leveraging both technical know-how and relationships to drive optimal performance of user acquisition spend.
The ideal candidate is an experienced senior manager or director with experience developing and mentoring a team in a performance marketing or growth capacity. He/She is both personable, analytical, responsible, and highly detail-oriented, with the ability to motivate and direct a team on concurrent projects relating to the management and growth of large-scale advertising campaigns.
This role works cross-functionally with Product Marketing, Platform Engineering, Design, Data, and Game Studios.
- Lead the User Acquisition team in the management and optimization of multi-million dollar performance marketing campaigns across multiple ad networks and console storefronts (e.g. Facebook, Google, Playstation Store, Xbox, etc), optimized for return on ad spend.
- Create a culture of relentless optimization across all existing UA channels while also leading in the experimentation and creation of new channels.
- Lead and execute on various growth initiatives in the areas of user acquisition, SEO, re-engagement, re-activation, etc.
- Own all reporting and analytics related to user acquisition and marketing, bringing leading analysis and insight to aggressively improve acquisition funnel and customer quality.
- Lead the team in designing and developing internal performance marketing platform tools and processes.
- Stay current on the user acquisition landscape, growth trends, best practices, and competitor strategies to develop new ideas and initiatives for growth.
- Lead the development of ad creative and ensure production schedules remain on track.
- Lead the research and evaluation of new user acquisition/growth channels.
- Own cross-functional and executive communication and strategy setting for all acquisition efforts.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study.
- 5+ years performance marketing/user acquisition experience, preferably in the PC desktop and console gaming space.
- 2+ years in a leadership and management role.
- Experience successfully managing and optimizing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital channels.
- Exceptionally strong analytical skills with the ability to apply business strategy to data analysis and recommendations.
- Expert-level understanding and integration into the current user acquisition and marketing, analytics, and attribution ecosystem.
- A desire to do both strategic planning and daily execution/optimization.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to sell one’s ideas and negotiate.
- Proven success developing and mentoring a world-class performance marketing team.
- Passion for PC and console games a plus.